Dr. Žarko Tankosić, NASK Director, Research Associate in the Department of Anthropology at Indiana University-Bloomington
- Žarko Tankosić has conducted archaeological fieldwork in southern Euboea since 2004. His doctoral research was focused on how maritime interactions influenced social and communal structure of participating communities and personal identites of individuals involved during the Final Neolithic and Early Bronze Age. He is interested in landscape archaeology, insular archaeology, and the institutionalization of social inequality in the prehistoric Aegean. He has conducted fieldwork in North America, the Balkans, and Greece.
- Renate Storli is currently pursuing a PhD in Classical Archaeology at the University of Hamburg, focusing specifically on written and pictoral graffiti from the Roman time period and how their spatial distributions reflect social interactions. She has performed field archaeology in central Europe and the Mediterranean, and has worked on the island of Euboea since 2007, participating in both surveys and excavations. Her archaeological interests include ancient graffiti, Nabaeteaen pottery and the nomads in the Middle East, and social archaeology.
Liz Watts M.A., NASK Crew Chief
- Liz Watts is currently a graduate student in Anthropology at Indiana University-Bloomington seeking a PhD in Archaeology. She earned a B.A. in Anthropology from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (2007) and has been practicing archaeology in the Midwestern United States for 7 years. Her research interests include the history of the pre-contact Midwestern and Southeastern United States, specifically the transition from Late Woodland to Mississippian and the interplay between migration, interaction and the construction of communal identities during the transition to Mississippian life-ways.
- Tomáš Alušík received his PhD in Classical Archaeology from the University of Prague in 2005, and is currently working on a PhD in Osteoarchaeology/Palaeopathology at the University of Prague, First Faculty of Medicine. He is working as a specialist in archaeology and monument care at the UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Municipality of Prague.
- Kevin Blewitt is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Nordic Viking and Medieval Studies at the University of Oslo.
- Peter Davies is currently pursuing his PhD at the University of Nottingham. He is Secretary to the Centre for Spartan and Peloponnesian Studies.
- Aca Đorđević is the Senior Curator at the National Museum in Belgrade. He recieved his degree in Archaeology at the University of Belgrade. Aca is the Chief Illustrator for NASK.
- Alexandra Edwards received her B.A. in Anthropology and B.S. in Biology from Indiana University-Bloomington. She is pursuing a career in medicine.
- Bianca Guerrieri received her degree in Egyptology and Classical Archaeology at the University of Würzburg. She is currently a graduate assistant in the Department of Egyptology at the University of Würzburg.
- Emilie Haave is a student of Classical Archaeology at the University of Oslo.
Dr. Markos Katsianis (2012)
- Markos Katsianis obtained a PhD in Archaeology at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He is employed by the Υπηρεσία Συντήρησης Μνημείων Ακρόπολης and he also works as a Research Assistant at the Paliambela Kolindros Archaeological Programme.
Efi Lekka (2012)
Kristen Mann M.A. (2012)
- Kristen Mann is currently a doctoral candidate at the Department of Archaeology, University of Sydney.
Carly Morris (2012)
- Carly Morris is currently an undergraduate student in Classics and Art History at Indiana University-Bloomington.
Ole Nordland M.A. (2012-2013)
- Ole Nordland has a master’s degree in History from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. He is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Archaeology.
Bridgid Purcell (2012-2013)
- Bridgid Purcell received her B.A. in Ancient History Archaeology and History of Art and Architecture from Trinity College Dublin. She has participated on archaeological projects in Italy, FYR Macedonia and Greece, and is currently preparing to pursue postgraduate studies in Archaeology.
- Ashley Ray is a master’s student of History, and is a teaching assistant in the Department of History at University of Missouri in St. Louis.
Linda Senhaji M.A. (2012)
- Linda Senhaji is currently working on her PhD in Classical Archaeology at Paris-Sorbonne University and the National and Kapodistrias University of Athens.
Jonas Smidth Petersen M.A. (2012)
- Jonas Smidth Petersen received his degree in Classical Archaeology at the University of Copenhagen.
Joseph Tarnow (2012)
- Joseph Tarnow received his degree in Classics at Indiana University-Bloomington.
Kjersti Vaege (2012)
- Kjersti Vaege is a B.A. student of Archaeology at the University of Tromsø.
Paschalis Zafeiriadis (2012-2013)
- Paschalis Zafeiriadis is currently pursuing a PhD in Archaeology at the University of Cincinnati.
The Lion, NASK field car (2012-2013)
- The Lion has been involved in numerous archaeological field work projects in Greece since 1998.